The benefits of equine massage therapy are too numerous to count, but
the following examples demonstrate how valuable massage therapy can be:
· Promotes proper fiber alignment
within muscles, tendons & ligaments
· Eliminates adhesions, restrictions & contractures
(which allows for easier movement & a longer stride)
· Addresses compensatory problems in injury situations
· Decreases inflammatory responses (pain, swelling, immobility) allowing
the body to heal itself faster and more efficiently
· Reduced swelling decreases pressure on nerves therefore decreases
· Increases tissue drainage of wastes and toxins and brings fresh
oxygen & nutrients to hard-working muscles.
· Induces a parasympathetic nervous response which slows & strengthens the heart
beat and produces deeper, more efficient breathing
· Improves joint range of motion & increases blood supply to joints
· Encourages proper movement of colon contents
· Increases skin gland secretions promoting a healthy coat and skin
· Improves overall well-being and disposition
And these are only a FEW of the benefits!
Please email Rebecca with any questions about how your own horse
may benefit from Equine Massage.